Monday, July 21, 2014

HOT Baptism!!

Goedemiddag Friends and Family-

Wow we have had such a great and HOT week! We reached a good 93.4 degrees Farenheit with 86% humidity on Saturday! Woo...talk about burning hot! It is exactly the same as last year being that Thursday is my year in the land mark!! How crazy is that?! I remember my first few weeks it was just like this...burning hot and humid and I had the worst jet lag and could not sleep even if I took some sleeping pills. Luckily I have just gotten so used to it now that you just learn to deal with it and fall asleep anyways. :) And for the rest of this week it seems to just stay nice and hot. Lekker lekker lekker!

Serenity and Usha are BAPTIZED and I am soooo happy!! It was such a great day. Me and Zuster Kohlert used one of my favorite cookie recipes that I brought from home (the chocolate chip cookie one with vanilla instant pudding). But we revised it a little bit and put M&M´s in there instead of chocolate chips since you cant buy those here and added oatmeal. They were delicious. Everyone was asking how to make them and for the recipe. I will say....we Americans have just got the cookie thing down. I dont know what we do differently but we just do. The girls were super super nervous but everything went well! Afterwards we were helping them get dressed again and Serenity says Wow I just feel so happy! And Usha said Yeah I just feel the warm feeling that mom Always talked about! It was sooo sweet to hear and it just made me tear up! Zuster Kohlert played the violin and she did BOMB. And lots of the ward members came to support and we all just had a party. We had a picnic today with the girls and I just couldnt love them more. SO proud of them!

We are still working with Chanel, Iris, and Lugarda! They are all preparing for their baptismal dates this upcoming month and we are super excited for them. Iris is making huge progress with her smoking and drinking! I see the change in her eyes every single time we go over there. We have zone training coming up this Wednesday and lots and lots of appointments planned. Me and Kohlert are having way too much fun over here in Rotterdam and we are hoping for a third transfer together, since transfer calls are now less than two weeks away. Time flies! I love you all and miss you! Thank you for all your prayers!

Love, Zuster Brophy


No comments:

Post a Comment