Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Vla, witloaf, and a little bit of pie

Hello Family and Friends-
 
What a crazy, incredible week we have had!! I seriously dont know where time goes. Happy Birthday to Jamie and Anna last week and this upcoming week! I hope you are all doing fun amazing things! :) I love and miss you both and will be thinking about you lots!
 
Well turns out, I am safe with the whole tooth problem. I was able to go to the dentist on Tuesday and they looked at it and said it must just be a sensistive spot! YES! that means I am still going on  my streak of never having any cavtities! I was a little worried about that. We had district meeting this past Thursday and Interviews with President and Zuster Robinson which is always absoltuly wonderful. I love both of them so much! And I love my district. We have super great Elders and me and Zuster Israelsen are the only sisters again so it makes it kind of fun. Us and The Elders in Apeldoorn and Deventer have become super close in the past week and a half. I feel like they are kind of like my brothers and we have that kind of relationship as well! haha we have a really great time. We usually have a dinner appointment with all 6 of us every single night which is so much fun! This past Friday we had to go to Den Haag to pick up my residency permit to reside in the Netherlands and we made it all the way there with no problems, but then on the way back there were lots of train issues and we got stuck in Utrecht Centraal which is still about an hour and a half away from Apeldoorn and we still had to bike about 30 min from the station to get to our dinner appointment on time. The Zone Leaders, who are serving in Deventer, had been up in Leiden for a meeting with president and were driving back in their car to Apeldoorn so we called president to see if we could just get a ride back with them in order to be on time for our dinner appointment together. President said yes, so the elders drove into Utrecht and picked us up. Turns out, we ended up getting stuck in traffic for about an hour and were rushing as fast as we could to get back to into Apeldoorn on time. We had some of thee funniest laughs during that car ride I will never forget! We ate at a members house, she is a single lady who LOVES the missionaries and invites us over all the time. She makes Chicken Cordon Bleu with green beans and Asiago potatoes with some tiramisu for dessert every single time without fail. And it was delicious as always.
 
We have been seeing lots of miracles with our finding efforts here in Apeldoorn! We currently have 4 progressing investigators and we found 2 new investigators this past week. Right now in  our district, we have 6 people scheduled to be baptized on February 15th and I am so excited! We are hoping and praying that everything goes as planned and they all will progress perfectly. Samantha is one of our progressors who has a baptismal date and she has two little boys and is married. We have taught her the first lesson and are in the process of trying to schedule another appointment for this next week to continue her progession. We have had some of the greatest times! I am absoltuly in love with this ward here as well. The members are so fantastic and loving and we are constantly seeing them on a daily basis and they are always willing to help us out. This week we are doing a "Mini MTC" experience for the young women and we wanted to show the District videos you watch before a mission but they are only in English. So us and the Elders decided to film our own video in Dutch. haha I dont think I have laughed that hard in a long time! I am so excited to see it all done and finished with the editing! If I can get a copy of it, I plan on bringing it home to show to everyone. :) I love this work so much and I am so happy to be here in Apeldoorn! I can feel all of your prayers and support and it helps me out so much during the week when I am having a hard day or something. You are all amazing and I love and miss you so much!!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment