Monday, January 27, 2014

What a week!

Hello Family and Friends-
 
We have had a very crazy, busy week and I am absolutely exhausted!! But it has been very fun all at the same time!
 
We started the week off with zone training and that was SO fantastic. The zone leaders and Zuster Stevens, our sister training leader, talked alot about prayer and personal revelation which is probably my absolute favorite topic in the whole gospel! They brought up really great points and helped me alot with seeing the different perspectives and sides of things. They showed the videos by Elder Bednar abut personal revelation and I highly encourage you all to look them up and see! They are amazing. So me and my companion decided that we were going to make some pretty high goals for this next week. One of our investigators dropped us and so we went back down to having no baptismal dates. During weekly planning we had a really cool experience where we were prayerfully trying to figure out how many we wanted to get in one week. Before we said the prayer, we both though maybe 2 was good, but that would even be pushing it a little bit. And then after we got done saying the prayer we both felt like FOUR. I was freaking out because that never happens, and I havent ever set a goal that high for baptismal dates in one week on my mission. But we also made a goal to pass out 50 pass along cards every single day. You would think that would be easy, but the Dutch people are very different I feel like. They will just say no I dont want that! Or look at it for a second and then give it right back to you. Its been harder than we thought it would be. We have been speaking to about 100+ people every single day and by the time we get home to go to bed we both just crash! I fell asleep in my skirt and everything the other night because I had absolutely no energy to change. haha they also are expecting snow finally here in the Netherlands so we are bracing ourselves for that coming up. (I will be buying gloves and everything warm I can think of today) So that is exciting!
 
We have this recently baptized member that we visit all the time with the Elders and she has two little boys that are under the age of 5. We were over there a little while ago and made them dinner and everything and had a little FHE night. About a week later this past Wednesday we get a call from her saying that one of her little boys was just diagnosed with Scarlet Fever and it has a 14 day incubation period, which means we were most likely exposed to it while we were there. So now we are all freaking out that we have Scarlet Fever. Haha hopefully we dont get it. We are all crossing our fingers! We have two progressing investigators right now, Joseph and Luda. We are planning on giving them baptismal dates this coming week and we are praying they will accept it. Missionary work is a blast! It was definately a harder week this week, but you have to go through a little bit of the refiners fire every once and while I think. I know this gospel is true and I have seen so many tiny miracles every single day! I would'nt want to be anywhere else but here in Apeldoorn, Netherlands! I cannot believe it is already almost February. Time is going by way too fast! I love and miss you all so much!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment