Monday, August 18, 2014

LARPING.

Hello Friends and Family-

This week felt like a really quick week....but then it also feels like I emailed a year ago. SOO much has happened in just 7 days its crazy! We started off the week with helping one of the young single adults, Tahira, move out of her apartment. We were seriously busy doing that for a good 6 hours, missed dinner and went straight to an appointment at 8 pm with our investigator Iris on Tuesday. Iris is making unbelievable progress!! Its one of the coolest things- I get to just sit here and be apart of the changes she is making in her life! So awesome. She is getting baptized next Saturday (Aug 30th) and she is trying really hard to stop smoking. She is making progress but not completely off of it yet. She got a blessing from a member yesterday after church and man the spirit was sooo strong!! Its super amazing to watch your investigator really feel the power of the Priesthood for the first time, there is nothing really quite like it. The blessing was super detailed and had the counsel that she needed. She knows she is strong enough to overcome smoking and so do we, so there is nothing that will stop her! I cant wait to see all of the amazing things she is going to do. She is going to be one of those, that once she is a member, she will stay a very strong member and be a huge help to the ward here in Rotterdam! I just love her so much!

Oh and guess what? I SANG in church yesterday. Did you guys know I could sing? Cause I definately didnt. Since Ive had Zuster Kohlert as my companion, we have been singing alot because she loves to sing and I discovered that my voice actually isnt that bad (especially when I dont have my opera talent going on :) ) So that was fun and we sang Come Thou Fount! We had lots of good appointments with Iris and had dinner with a member and her last night. The spirit was super strong and everything went just the way we needed it to. Life is GRAND! I love being a missionary. All of the experiences that I get to see and experience are so amazing and I am so grateful for this oppurtunity Ive had. The Gospel is True! I know it without a doubt! Thank you for all of the prayers and the support! I love you all!

Love, Zuster Brophy




No comments:

Post a Comment