Monday, September 1, 2014

Ï feel like I woke up and my hair was dyed blue."- Zuster Kohlert

Hello Friends and Family-
 
What a week! Its been a rough one to say the least physically and emotionally and I am happy I can say its over! We started off the week with Zone Conference on Wednesday in Zoetermeer and it was sooo great! President had some really great hilarious one liners and we were all spiritually fed :) Luckily we get to see everyone again next Thursday the 11th for Elder Ballards Conference. SOOO excited. And its SEPTEMBER. I woke up this morning and looked at the phone and I realized that It was already September. Barf. Time goes by too fast.
 
Unfortunately Iris didnt get baptized. It was all planned and ready and it ended up falling through on Thursday morning. We had seen her on Wednesday night and everything seemed fine and she had smoked her last cigarette. But turns out, she needs a little bit more time to quit smoking and she wanted to really take some time to think about it. When me and Zuster Kohlert read the text that she sent us on Thursday morning that she wanted to change her date, I have never had my heart break and drop like that before. It was SOOOO sad. I knew that it was the right thing but knowing how bad she wants to be baptized and with how much I care for her and love her, it was so heart breaking for us. I will admit....I may have shed some tears for her. Haha sounds crazy, but its true. We saw her yesterday after church and were able to talk everything through and she is still just as strong and she still wants it. And she is progressing. She is really good busy with the things she should be doing and she is a strong lady, so I know everything will work out. We had a really great weekend as well. Kind of a funny story, Saturday morning we had just gotten done with personal study and we had just sung a hymn to begin companionship study. I stood up and started to stretch and all I remember is getting REALLY light headed, and I went to grab the chair and the next thing I remember, Is I was on the ground all tangeled up in my chair. haha I had NO clue what had just happened. Zuster Kohlert said that I had totally just passed out and hit my head really hard on the wall next to my desk. So needless to say I wasnt feeling very good all day Saturday because I had a massive headache. I went to bed Saturday night not feeling so good, but woke up Sunday morning feeling lots better. Went to church and had a meeting after, when all of a sudden my headache came back. As the night went on it got worse and worse and we had a member of the ward on joint teach with us and she looked at me and said "you look terrible and you need to rest because I can tell you do not feel good." Everyone started getting worried because apparently I looked like a zombie. I got a blessing from some of the elders late last night, called the mission presidents wife to inform her, and we came to the conclusion that I probably have a very mild concussion. Haha go figure! So I slept in today (The best thing ever) And am going to be taking it easy the next few days to get myself back into health. So that made this weekend extra exciting and exhausting! My body is falling apart is really the good conclusion.
 
We have a really great, busy week planned! We have lots of appointments with our investigators, we have a ward bbq this friday and I am making the really good sour creme bundt cake that my mom makes and its going to be delicious!! :)  I love missionary work, even when you wack your head aganist a wall, and I love the people here! Thank you for all the prayers and support! Love and miss you all!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment