Monday, November 24, 2014

TURKEY BOWL!!

Hello Family and Friends-
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I cant believe it is that time of year again!! Time flies! We were able to have a really fun Pday today with our zone in Den Bosche and played some good ol American Football and all got lunch together in celebration of Thanksgiving. This week we are going to an American Families house and she is making some really yummy food for us all and I am super excited. I got lucky both years for Thanksgiving with a traditional American meal. :)
This week was a really great one! One of our biggest miracles was our new Investigator Mitchel! Apparently when Zuster Lemich was traveling down to Belgium with the other missionaries two weeks ago for Legality she contacted this guy and ended up getting into a really good conversation with him and gave him a card when she got off the train. Well, Tuesday after district meeting the phone starts ringing and I see that its an unknown number and answer it and its this guy, and he goes Hey this is Mitchel, I met you guys on the train about a week ago and I am interested in learning more about your message and what you guys believe. My jaw literally dropped. haha you dont see that happening very often. We made an appointment with him for the next day and we were both super excited. We have met with him twice already and he is super positive and super open to learn about what we believe. :) SO cool. Our other investigator Nick, is making incredible progress! He came to church for the first time yesterday and loved it! He participated in all of the lessons and got along really great with everyone. He literally texts us almost daily asking for another chapter to read in the Book of Mormon. Me and and Zuster Lemich decided we should tell him to start on page 1 and make his way through the whole book. Haha we have seen so many miracles, its insane! We currently have 6 progressing investigators and we are super happy.

This upcoming week is super busy! We have two crazy days and then a Conference in Zoetermeer on Thursday with the Den Haag and Antwerpen zones. Im super excited to see everyone for the last time! We are also going to Den Haag on Friday for more Legality things for Zuster Lemich and Saturday and Sunday are already booked with appointments. Life is good :) Its really a weird feeling coming down to the end. Its such a sweet and sour feeling and my brain really just doesnt know what to do with all my emotions right now. I am realizing more and more everyday how much my mission has meant to me and how much I love it. I wouldnt trade these last 18 months for the world! I love this gospel and I know its true! Thanks for all the support and prayers. I love you all!
Love, Zuster Brophy

 You know you are in the Netherlands around Christmas time when you see Olie Bollen.
SOOOO lekker.


 Soo.. I joined the Dutch Army. :) yes....those are real guns.



No comments:

Post a Comment