Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Breeeeeeeeeeeeeedda :)

Hello Family and Friends-
I am in love with this city. There is no doubt about it. It is so beautiful and so much fun to be living here. We have a DISHWASHER. Do you know how amazing this is?! This is a miracle. We live across the street from the church and literally a 2 minute walk to the grocery store and a 20 minute walk to the centrum. I am a happy camper to say the least :) It has definately been a crazy week though! Saying goodbye to everyone in Capelle was definately not the easiest thing to do. Lots of tears were shed with investigators and members. I really loved that city and those people and It will always be a very special city for me. Somehow I got everything packed, man I have accumlated SOOO much junk on in the last 17 months and I cant figure out how. Somehow I got it all to fit in my two suitcases and dropped it off early in the morning in Rotterdam Centraal with the zone leaders. I went up to Leiden to the mission office and picked up my little daughter, Zuster Lemich!!! She is almost 20 and is from Cedar City. Lets just say....Our mission president is inspired. We are literally the same person. We both have a Diet Coke Addiction, both love Cafe Rio, both pass out when we get shots or touch a needle in general, and all of our interests and mannerisms are the same. Haha its kind of crazy. Needless to say, we have had a very exhausting but amazing first week together! Her Dutch is amazing, she has that amazing drive and motivation to work hard, and this transfer is just going to be a blast!  On Friday night for Halloween we went and got her first Speculoos cake and dressed up as mother/daughter. It was so great. White washing has of course made it super exciting and stressful. Since this is my first time training its just made it all that much more fun. However, we literally just walked straight into a gold mine. This city is amazing! Thursday morning, we were walking to the bus stop and I saw this lady and in my head I thought, Hey you should talk to her. So we get over to the bus stop and Im trying to figure out how a good way is to start a conversation without being completely awkward. Eventually I start talking to her and we had a really good conversation and she ended up coming to church on Sunday and we have had 2 lessons with her now. SO awesome! The sisters before us had also left alot of good investigators and potentials that we have been able to look up and that has been great and fun! On Sunday we were able to go to church and this ward is so amazing! They are all pro-missionary work and ready to help us with whatever we need. The Bishop is one of the nicest, loving men I have ever met and we are just so happy to be here. I have made a goal that I wanted to make this transfer one of those transfers where every night when you get home you just fall into your bed because you are so tired. And so far, we have literally done that every night. There was one night this week I didnt even make it to the point of changing my clothes I was so tired. Haha I love missionary work and I am loving being here with Zuster Lemich to help these people in Breda! I love and miss you all and thank you for your support and love!

Love, Zuster Brophy


Me and Zuster Lemich

Halloween Night..dressed up as Mother and Daughter :)


Breda is Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment