Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ik houd van Jullie

Hello Family and Friends!!

I can't believe it is already my second P-day out in the mission field! Time is going by so fast, but then there are those days where it goes by so slow. We have been staying extremely busy with everything, especially the language. I am understanding and learning SO much every single day. In the past 14 days I have learned so much about myself and this gospel, I cant even fathom how much I will have learned in 18 months when I return. I have been making lots of good friends and met so many wonderful people here. Both of my dutch teachers are really great and help me out alot.

This past week they are sending out all of the new mission presidents (the broadcast on sunday) so we have been officially kicked out of the cafeteria and have to eat in the Gym building. Its made for a very interesting meal experience having no choices whatsoever. There have been a couple times when I have questioned if what I am about to eat is plastic or actual food. Overall, it hasn't been too terrible though ;) Hopefully you all got to watch the broadcast Sunday night, It was so awesome. I am so glad I was able to be at the MTC for that and be in the presence of all of the 12. Looks like I'll be doing lots more missionary work on the internet as well which will be quite interesting. However, in the Netherlands they don't too much of that there so I'm not too confident that will apply to me that much but either way I am excited. I was on T.V a couple times during it but I was really hard to see amongst the 3,000+ missionaries there. When I was watching it I was thinking of all of you and it kind of felt like I was close to all of you because I knew we were all doing the same thing. haha kind of weird.

Thank you for all the dearelders and packages from everyone. It always makes my day when I get them. Mom, please continue to send all of the REAL diet coke that you want. It is most definatley not a sin. Haha the lame stuff they have here doesnt compare one bit. So funny story...every meal we have I am taking out my invisalign retainers and I have been so good and remembering to pick it up off the tray before I throw away my garbage. Well sunday, I pulled a Madi moment and threw it away. Me and my companion were halfway up the stairs to our residance hall and I realized I didnt have it and just about had a heart attack. We RAN down the stairs and back into the cafeteria just in time to grab the garbage dude with the garbage that had my retainer in it. So I had the great oppurtunity to sift throught everyones nice yummy garbage with mashed potatoes, and you name it ALL over it. Good news is, I did find it after searching through the whole thing. I have sterilized it just about 100 times. I learned my lesson the hard way, and I am sure this isnt too big of a surprise for those of you that know me well.

The spirit here is so strong and I have felt the lords love for me SO much these past few weeks. The atonement is real and he leads and directs this work. I am so grateful to be the lords hands 24/7 for the next 18 months. It isnt an easy task but who ever said it would be easy? It wasn't ever easy for the savior so I am totally ok with paying a little price for him. I love missionary work and the spirit that was felt here. I CANNOT WAIT to board that plane to Belgium/Netherlands. I already have such a love for the people there and the language. After talking to my teachers about their experiences (they both returned from the mission less than a year ago) I get more and more excited. I have less than a month :) 

I love you all so much and I appreciate all the love and support. It truly means the world to me.

Until next week,
Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment