Wednesday, July 3, 2013

GELUKKIGE VERJAARDAG (Happy Birthday) to Lyssa Rae, Connor, and Grandma Brophy!!!

HELLLOO Friends and Family!! Goedemiddag tot jullie!

Well lots has happened this week here at the MTC! It was an AMAZING week. I am convinced I have the best zone and district ever. Our zone covers Belgium/Netherlands, Sweden, Surname (West Indies), and Denmark. I have gotten to know the Swedes SO well. The Sister Training leaders were from that group and they are basically my favorite and the Elders feel like my brothers. They leave on Monday and I really might cry. I also really dislike the no hugging/touching rule for Elders and Sisters because I want to hug each one of them so bad! Haha My district has gotten really good at singing together and making up chants in class so we are busy doing that all day...in Dutch :) So that is really interesting. We all have sore throats now. The gutterle sound is definately not easy to master and with how much we do it everyday, it KILLS your thoart. But Its so fun to see how far we have already come!

This past week on Friday we had the oppurtunity to give lessons to actual people from Nederlands. I LOVED IT. I got to teach this sweet little lady named Rita Winmill who is from Kaysville (small world) and we got talking about everything in Holland and I am SO excited to get out there. It was such an amazing spiritual experience to talk to real people who had real problems and see how much they actually understood my dutch. Haha She made my day and I got her address and phone number. She wants to come to my homecoming and she said when I get home I am more than welcome to come over to her house for dinner and keep my dutch up. It made my whole week!  

We stay extremely busy every week with great new adventures and teaching experiences.  Its amazing everything that I have learned about the gospel in just three short weeks of studying the lessons in so much depth. My teachers are amazing and I love them so much! My teacher, Broeder Klippel, his birthday was on Saturday (the 29th) so he brought doughnuts and we had a mini "party". It was great! Oh we also had a nice little experience on Friday. Someone in my residence hall decided to pull the fire alarm at 6:00 AM. So you can imagine first off my confusion at why it was so dang loud and then we all walk outside, some girls in robes and towels, some in pajamas. It was great.  I literally found a tree and laid down and fell asleep until they let us back in. Haha I wasnt about to lose that 30 minutes of sleep. :)

The Provo temple is closed for the month of July so unfortunately we wont beable to go again before I leave :( It makes me really sad cause I love the temple in general, but I LOVE it even more on a mission. There is such a special spirit about it thats different going as a full-time missionary. As far as the fourth of july goes, I hope you all have a great holiday! I am jealous to all my family who is in yellowstone right now. Dont have too much fun without me ;) they are letting all the missionaries watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire on Thursday night and then with all the decorations my mom sent me in a package (THANK YOU by the way) we are going to eat a bunch of goodies and celebrate just a bit.

I hope Lyssa Rae and Grandma have WONDERFUL birthdays this next week! I love and miss both of you so much! And i hope Connor had a good one last week. And im so glad you liked the package. The MTC Bookstore doesnt have much so a Kit-Kat was the best I had. Haha I love missionary work! I cant believe how far I have come just in three short weeks. This gospel is true and the lord is involved in ALL things. It doesnt matter how small or big it is He is there no matter what. I am so grateful for this time I have to be in his service. I cant wait to get out there and live in Europe in three short weeks!! I cant believe time is going so fast. The atonement is real. He can heal us from anything as long as we just ask him. I love all of you so much! Thank you for the love and support you give me. You are all the best!

Until next week,

Ik houd van Jullie en Helaas Pindakaas!

Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment