Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My 4th week?! Say Whaaa?!


Hello Friends and Family!!
I cannot believe It has already been a month since I left. It seriously feels like maybe two weeks ago. MAYBE. Time is really starting to fly by and I cant believe it! We only have 13 days left at the MTC and I am freaking out. In both a good way and a bad way. I cant believe I am going to be flying to Europe, not for a vacation, but to actually live there. It is such a crazy thought!
Everything here is the same and busy! We are learning/reviewing Dutch like crazy since we are getting down to the very wire. I LOVE my teachers. Brother Klippel is amazing and he makes all of us missionaries feel so special. He stays over on his shifts almost on a daily basis and gets so excited when he talks about Nederlands and the language. Zuster Moses is amazing as well. She is so funny and talented and in my personal opinion I feel like my district got the best dutch teachers at the MTC :) I am a little bit nervous about having to speak Dutch 24/7 when I get to the land. I know it really well and it has come fairly easy to me (at least I feel like it) but this week we had another TRC and me and my companion taught this man who had an extremely THICK dutch accent. It made it a little bit more real and that was a more realistic example of what we are going to be talking to when we get over there. A little scary, but I have been told that six months is usually the magic number and my brain will be fully tuned to Dutch. So I am crossing my fingers and banking on that. Lots of studying to do :) Me and my roomates go on English fasts mulitple times a week where we only speak Dutch. These turn into hilarious conversations because we try to say some weird things. I dont remember the exact day but this last week I dreamt in Dutch!!! It was sooo cool. I heard that is a very good sign.
Tomorrow (wednesday) I get to host new missionaries coming in! I am super super excited! I remember thinking when I got dropped off that I had forever until that would be me hosting but it was really just around the corner. I heard it was supposed to be like 100 degrees though so  that will make it so much more enjoyable. On the 4th of July we had a mini devotional and they let us watch 17 Miracles and watch the Stadium of Fire Fireworks. We were soooo excited to watch a movie. It was kind of sad how much of a treat that was! We are just a little deprived. haha plus my companion is a film major so she was in heaven. We stayed up until 1145 that night as well because of the fireworks and I can't even tell you how tired that made me. Usually back home that was my dinner time, so it was kind of funny to see how weird and tired I felt just at 11:45. We had a blast and used up all of our glowsticks and sparkly rings and really showed our USA spirit that day. It is Zuster Thorleys favorite holiday so we went all out. Mom, thank you so much for the package btw. It made the 4th of July so much better.
I receive my flight plans either this Thursday or Friday. I will be able to let everyone know the details on that next week. Word has it that all of my zone's flight and departure times are at CRAZY times in the morning. Like 2 and 3 AM. The Swedes last week had to meet for the shuttle at 2:30 AM so I am fully expecting to receive NO sleep for the first 4 days. This will also make calling home a little interesting since It is so early. I will let you know more on that next week.
Other than that, I hope everyone had so much fun in Yellowstone this past week. I got the postcards and I was SO jealous. It looks like a blast. Guess we will just have to go again when I come home :) And I hope Lyssa Rae and Grandma Brophy had fantastic birthdays as well! I love you all so much! And I love missionary work! With every week that goes by I love it more and more. It really does refine you in ways you never thought it would. I thought I knew the gospel and I thought I had a strong testimony, but now It is even more strong. The lord is there for each and every one of us  ALL the time. He hears our prayers and is with us always. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and by really studying it we can come closer to Christ. I am so grateful I have this oppurtunity to be apart of this work and bring others to Christ. I am also extremely grateful to be apart of this true church. It is truly AMAZING!
Ik houd van jullie,
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment