Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tot Ziens USA, Hallo Begria/Nederlands!!!


Goedemiddag Family and Friends!!
 
I cannot believe this is my last email in the MTC!! Time has seriously flown by. All of my district agreed that time is warped here. It is really starting to hit me that I will be living in Europe for 18 months. Not just a vacation, but actually live there. I am so excited to meet my mission president and find out where my first area will be. We got our flight plans this past Thursday and all of us were freaking out!! I fly with Delta and I have a direct flight from Salt Lake City, Utah to Amsterdam, Netherlands. We leave the MTC Monday the 22nd at 7:30 AM and our flight takes off around 11:10 AM. I am prepping myself for that lonnggggg flight. About 13-14 hours. But all 30 of us Dutchies are on the same flight so we will just have to entertain each other :) I was also really happy about the departure time. It wasn't at some crazy hour in the morning!
 
This week was such a good one! We hosted last Wednesday to all of the new missionaries. It was super fun but I was really surprised at how much those emotions were still there! haha when I would watch them hug their families and friends I just broke inside! But then it worked out because I was the veteran telling them that they really would be ok and that the MTC wasnt that bad (along with the rumors of the food killing you) :) the first sister missionary I hosted was actually a girl I graduated with. So that was a fun surprise! I also got to see Kjerstyn Bremer that day and was able to give her a hug and see how she was doing. We got invited to host again this coming Wednesday so that should be fun! My teacher, Brother Klippel, taught us everyday allll day. Usually we have Zuster Moses there as well but she was out of town so he took over. Occasionally we will do these sort of "mock" lessons, where Brother Klippel and another elder act as the companionship and another elder from our district will be the investigator. We had an AMAZING spiritual experience with that this past Wednesday.  I have never felt such a peace and love in a short amount of time for an investigator that really was "fake". We were all in tears including my teacher. We also had the oppurtunity to Skype with some people in Belgria and Nederlands yesterday (Monday). We got some people that Brother Klippel baptized while he was over there and we gave them lessons. I didn't even know you could do that! It made me that much more excited to get over there and teach this gospel for reals to real people. Im so grateful for all of these wonderful oppurtunities! Now that we are on our last leg here at the MTC, our classes and when we talk to each other are ALL in Dutch! No more english! I am pretty sure I have learned more Dutch in 5 weeks than I did French in 5 years! Thats what 10 hours of class, the spirit, and none stop Dutch will do to ya!
 
We had a really cool Relief Society meeting on Sunday as well. Carole Mikita from KSL 5 News came and spoke with us and told us all about her conversion story and what she does for the Church. I thought that was cool. I am still waiting for a general authority to come this week just once before we leave! I heard they come all the time and I have yet to see one. Except for the broadcast. But other than that, this next week is going to be really really busy! Packing, learning, and last minute things! I know this gospel is true. I can feel it more and more every single day I am out here doing this work. I am so glad I get to be apart of this work in this day and age when we need it the most and I cannot wait to go find those people that need it. I already love them SO much. Thank you for all of your love and support and the letters and packages! It means the world to me. I love you all and miss you!
 
Until next week in BELGRIA AND NEDERLANDS :)
Love, Zuster Brophy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment