Monday, August 12, 2013

Goedemiddag from the mooi staat of Ghent!


Hello Friends and Family!!
 
This week was such a crazy one and it went by so so fast! Im tellin ya...the days sometimes feel like they will never end and then all of a sudden the week is over and we are doing weekly planning again. Super crazy! Our investigators are still progressing. We had our first baptism in over a year here in Ghent!! His name is Reggie and the Elder Alston and Elder Suckow taught him. He is seriously so strong and ready to be apart of this church. Broeder Geens (our ward mission leader) told us yesterday that his first calling would most likely be a ward missionary because of how ready he is to preach the gospel. Our investigator, Patrick, came to the baptism and he said he really felt the spririt and I seriously want him to be baptized SOOO bad. Just because he is such a great guy and he has such a great spririt about him. He was the one that speaks french, which I can understand alot of what he says which is super weird because I feel like ever since ive learned dutch and flemish, my french has gone out the window. But its been fun to have that in the background a little bit.
 
We got to go to Brussels this past wedensday for my companions legality issues. And I will be going again this wednesday as well for my legality forms. Oh my goodness it is such an amazing city! Of course it was raining all day long (as it does almost every morning here) but I am learning to love it. We got a Belgium waffle in the train station, because we have heard that the waffles in Brussels have a special taste to them I guess. I about dyed because it was SOO good. They make them and put some sort of sugary syrup over them so It was delicious :) I wish I could send some home to you all without them getting all mushed!
 
This past week we visited almost 14 less-active members. Which is ALOT. We went on splits for two of the days with two members here so that is how we got alot done. President Van Hees (our branch president) is having us focus alot on rebuilding their ward here so we are very busy doing that. Me and Zuster Morris visited this less active named Laura Rodas. She let us in her house and she was thee sweestest lady EVER. She explained to us that her husband had left her and she had one little boy who was 11 and she had joined some other church in the meantime. She said she had a leak in her roof and it had basically destroyed her walls and floors in her upper floor. So we offered to help and at first she was very againist it saying "no no you have plenty of other things to do" (Belgians are very like that, they dont like to impose on anything or anybody else) but we kept insisting we could help until she finally said yes. Before we left she told us that right before we rang her doorbell she had been praying for someone to come into her life that could help her with it. Such an amazing miracle!!! So we are going back this thursday with our elders to help repaint and rebuild her house! I am so excited!
 
Other that that we are just having a blast!! I love everything about Belgium and the Flemish language. I am starting to get it down more and more and I am understanding alot now. I love missionary work and I love this mission! The church is true. Every single time I am feeling down and just basically want to crawl in my bed I see a miracle like that happen and I am good. haha We have lots of appointments with potential investigators this week as well so I am excited! I love and miss you all more than I can say!! You are all the best friends and family anyone could ask for!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy
 
Ik houd van Jullie!

No comments:

Post a Comment