Monday, August 26, 2013

A week of Miracles and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST SISTER IN THE WORLD!!!


Goedemorgen Familie een Vriendin!!
 
Holy cow this has been the craziest week!! I feel like I have so much to say and tell all of you! I am literally going to just number things and explain each of them. I have seen so many great miracles happen!
 
1. I dyed my hair last Pday. I will send pictures next week. It was driving me crazy and it was such a terrible color so I decided to dye it at this random place in Gent. I spent WAY too much money and I have no idea what I will be doing after this because of that.
2. One of my companions Zuster Morris was emergency transferred this past week to Den Bosche in the Netherlands. We found out Tuesday and she left this past Thursday and it was SO sad! I had started to get close with her and then all of a sudden she is gone. So now it is just me and Zuster Djoukeng. It is so weird and so great all at the same time!
3. We find out transfers this next Sunday so next week I will know if I am staying in Gent or if I am transferred to somewhere else. I better be staying in Gent because I love it here SOO much.
4. We now have SIX progressing investigators!! We have two of them with a baptismal date and we possibly could have three by next week which means we will see lots of baptisms in September and the beginning of October.  Anna, one of our investigators, has gone through all of the lessons and we were debating on what to teach her this past week. We couldnt figure it out but something has been keeping her from coming to church and wanting to be baptized. Both me and my companion agreed that something would have to change, or we would have to see her kind of move forward, or else we would have to figure something out since we have been teaching her for quite awhile. We decided to show her the restoration DVD since it has been so long since we taught her the first lesson. We watched it, and the spirit was so strong. As the movie got over, we started talking about how she has really developed a relationship with god and how far she has come in just a short amount of time. All of a sudden she says "I have something I want to tell you" she proceeds to tell us this story of how one of her cats got really sick this past couple of weeks (she has like 5 cats and they are very dear to her heart btw) she said she prayed to heavenly father that if her cat could get better and live, she would promise to be baptized. And guess what happened? her cat is completely better, even though all of the vets told her it was going to die so Anna is going to be baptized!! She said that is the sign that he really does love me. It was probably the most spiritual experience I have had on my mission thus far. We were all crying and we all had the chills! It was such an amazing miracle! Literally, the lord is just handing us people to teach. It isnt missionary work right now, it is just missionary fun I decided.
I also taught ALL by myself to our investigator Kathy this past week, who is getting baptized on September 21st :) It was such a cool experience and its amazing how much I just love these people and I really hardly know them.  
5. The other day we were walking in Oudenarde which is like 45 minutes outside of gent to a members house and somehow, me just being me, I slipped and fell and wacked my head on the side of the road. It is a HUGE gooseache and all purple and red. We were a little worried I had a small concussion because I had a headache basically the whole rest of the day, but no worries I am okay now. It is healing up really well. I just had to tell you because It just made me laugh that only me would find a way to do that. haha
Other than that, this is the best job anyone could ever have!! Even though some days seem like they would never end and I miss all of you, when you have the experience of watching this gospel change someones life and you can see it in there eyes and they want to change, it makes every single second worth it!! We meet and talk with people every single day and we are just sooo busy teaching like crazy, especially this week. I love this gospel and I know it is true. I would not be out here doing this every single day if I didnt! I love my mission and I love all of you so much. Thanks for all of your support and love. You are the best! Until next week,
 
Ik houd van jullie een a goede week hebben!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment