Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I have the best life in the whole world. And GELUKKIGE VERJAARDAG to the best dad on the planet!!!

Hello Family and Friends-
 
Wow what a fantastic crazy week we have had!! So much has happened and I have to make sure I remember everything to tell you all. So I will start from the beginning. We started out the week last Pday and me and my companions went and toured the centrum and saw all of the pretty Christmas Markets! Christmas in Europe is seriously the best thing I think I have ever experienced. They have so many activities and so many things to do and see. (pictures attached) Then we had to get Zuster Gallego all ready and packed up to leave for Amsterdam Wednesday afternoon so we got there in time, since it takes about 4 ish hours to travel all the way up to Holland by train. We got there when it was dark and it was my first time actually in Amsterdam besides the airport 6 months ago and Centraal Station is absolutely GORGEOUS! I realized it is actually my cover photo on FB, if I remember right. We slept over with one of the zusters there and it was a blast. We all got up the next morning and had zone conference the whole next day and Elder Texeira, of the seventy who is over the European area spoke to the whole mission! It was such a cool oppurtunity we had. He talked about so many good and inspiring things and gave us some of the best ideas. We were all just completely pumped and ready to get outside and go talk to people like crazy!
 
After that we got our Christmas packages, mom THANK YOU SO MUCH. Holy cow we are so spoiled. Between me and Zuster Meier we had about 6 packages and by the time we had made it all the way back to Belgium with them all intact our arms are STILL sore from everything. haha We have had so much fun with them already and put everything under the tree. I absolutly LOVE  the ornaments you all made for me. They made my whole week and I have hung them all up and I read them every day! It was such a clever Idea and I love it so thank you so much. Before we made it back to Belgium, Zr Meier had a meeting in Ledien for all the leaders of the mission so I got to go on splits with Zr Taylor and serve in Breda, Holland for about a day and a half. It is such a beautiful city! I rode a bike for the first time as well and holy cow. I am soooo out of shape its ridiculous. haha my legs wanted to fall off. And apparently there is this thing they call "greenie bum", and basically it is your worst nightmare and I had it for about 3 days. haha moral of the story, I am now mentally preparing myself for biking next year and I am feeling very bittersweet about it. It was very fun to just bike around Holland. Not to shabby of a life if you ask me. :)
 
Guess what? I gave a TALK in church yesterday. In FLEMISH. not english, FLEMISH. For those of you that know me well, know that I about want to pass out everytime I have to do that in English, let alone in a different language. To say the least, I was extremely nervous but I surprised myself and was able to say everything I wanted to say in a different foreign language. Maybe a little rusty at parts but It was such a good feeling!! I love the people and the language here sooo much. Well I love you all so so much and miss you dearly! I think about you all personally often and I just feel so blessed to have you all in my lives. Especially during this Christmas season. :) This church is true and I am so happy I am where I am right now. I know without any doubts it is where I am supposed to be and I love my mission with all my heart. You are all the best! Have a wonderful week!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy






No comments:

Post a Comment