Monday, December 23, 2013

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :) :)

Hello Family and Friends-
 
Holy cow I cannot believe it is Christmas! Time is moving sooo fast and it is starting to scare me just a little bit! This transfer only has about 2 weeks left and I am SO sad! Mainly because I know I will most likely be leaving Gent and I will probably cry my eyes out because I love the people and this city SO much!
 
Well we had one crazy busy week! We have been looking up and searching out the 25 referrals we have for the "Joy to the World" DVDs and we finally got them done just in time for Christmas! It was a very uplifting, exhausting, long experience but I know we will be blessed and see many new investigators come out of it. Our new favorite thing that Elder Texeira taught us last week in Zone Conference was to use the mormon.org cards and literally just walk up to strangers, give them a card, and say hey your invited to church at this time and at this place. And suprisingly most people really like it and we had three people at church yesterday because of it! It was such a cool miracle! Especially during this Christmas season to be a missionary and go around talking to people about why we really celebrate this holiday and what the deeper meaning is! I wouldnt want to be doing anything else on Christmas! We are doing lots of service Christmas day and also on "Tweede Kerst" which is the 26th. They are kind of cool over here and celebrate Christmas twice in a row so we are doing lots of service! And also we decided we are going to go to the hospital that is nearby on Christmas morning and visit the people there that dont have family to visit them. I am really excited. Nothing will beat this Christmas for me I dont think and I will be soaking in every single second of it! We also met this man on the train named Harry and he is a photography student in Gent. He started asking us about the church and missionary work and I explained that kind of what we did on a daily basis and things. Turns out he wants to do a "report" on LDS missionaries and me and my companion get to be the missionaries! So he has been taking lots of pictures and he actually wants to follow us around one day so he can see the life of a missionary! haha kind of made me laugh. Dont worry- he will not become a stalker. At least we hope....
 
We are planning on going finding and finding and more finding all week! We have lots of different parties/dinner appts though which will keep us busy. We are going to a members house with Didier on Christmas Eve and we get to share an "american" Christmas story/tradition and I am so excited for that. Give me a little taste of the American spirit :) We are headed over to Brugge again today to go Ice Skating and to see that beautiful fairy tale city during Christmas with the whole zone. I will be taking lots of pictures! Thank you to everyone who sent me a letter or something for Christmas! I was so overwhelmed and could feel all of your guys love. I loved the Christmas tree and all the ornaments and I have to say, our apartment looks REAL good. I love you all and miss you so much! I know that our savior came into this world and died for every single one of us! Do not forget why we celebrate this amazing holiday and try and go out and serve someone else and give of yourself! It is thee best time of year!! Merry Chirstmas :) :)
 
Love, Zuster Brophy




No comments:

Post a Comment