Monday, February 3, 2014

Stroopwafel GOODNESS.

Hello Family and Friends-
 
I love being a missionary and I love missionary work. We had thee most exhausting/busiest/miracle week I have ever seen so far on my mission. As my last email said we were able to make some extremely high goals for ourselves, with one of them being 4 baptismal dates in ONE week. That is the highest number I have ever set for that kind of thing so I was a little sketchy about it, but I knew that if we did the 50 mormon.org card things everyday and also put our faith in the lord that it would happen. Well at the end of all of it, we figured we talked to about 600-650 people during the week and handed out about 350 cards. And now.....we have TWO baptismal dates and new investigators!!! One of them is named Sam and he is in his late 20's and we met him on the street. It was super cool because we were standing outside one of the members house and my companion was on the phone with somebody so I was just standing by her waiting for her to get off the phone when I saw a man walking up the street. And my first reaction was "nah, I wont talk to this one because my comp is on the phone" But then at the last second I decided that I needed to and gave him a card. We got talking about the Book of Mormon and I ended up making an appointment with him for the next day (friday) right there on the street. So Friday we go over there with two joint teaches named Melvin and Amaro and they are both super solid and awesome members. We taught him the Restoration and set a baptismal date for March 8, 2014 AND he came to church Sunday!!! How awesome is that?! We were literally freaking out. So today we are going out to get Chinese food to celebrate. Some good ol rice for myself :)
 
The other investigator, her name is Petra. She is 19 years old and we met her talking to people in the Centrum of Apeldoorn. I was actually going contacting with Elder Alston and Zr Israelsen was with another elder and they are the ones that got the first contact. But we had a really great lesson with her last night at the church with alot of the YSA's in our ward and set a date for the same day on March 8!!! It is SOOO cool and awesome. We also have lots and lots of appointments with potentials this upcoming week and we plan on doing and keeping this goal up for at least the rest of the time we are companions. Because in just one week I have been able to learn how to contact people on a bike, because it is actually alot harder than you think. And I remember during my first few transfers that if I could just learn how to break out of my comfort zone then I would be good for the rest of my mission. But that is SO not the case...you have to do it every single day. So it has been really cool to see us both talking to sooo many people and its starting to become a habit and when I pass someone on my bike or walking I actually catch myself and go back and talk to them. Its making a huge difference and if we keep this goal up for the rest of the time we are companions and also I plan on doing it the rest of my mission, I cannot wait to see the many people we will find and teach. Oh and just a side note, I tried my first REAL FRESH stroopwafel on the street Saturday and I think I slipped into heaven for a few minutes. It was unreal delicious and I wish I could send you all one in a pkg. My next big challenge will be to try the fresh harring, but I will wait until im a little bit furthur into my mission for that one. :) that will be a dozzey. But I love missionary work and I love these people with all my heart!! I am so glad I am where I am and doing the things I am doing! This week we have lots of good things going on and I will be eating lots of junk food and enjoying myself in celebration of leaving my teens behind and turning 20!! haha I love and miss you all dearly!!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy
 
PS I swear I have been trying to send pictures but I cannot. This computer is being dumb. So hopefully soon I will beable to send you all a few. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment