Monday, September 2, 2013

I am staying in Ghent!!


Hello Friends and Family!!
 
Wow this has been one crazy week! And it flew by so so fast! I hope everyone's first day of school was just great. I have to admit- I am really realllllyyy glad I am in Belgium right now and not studying. haha but keep up the good work! And Happy Anniversary to the best parents in the world!!! 20 years! Woo hoo! That is definately an accomplishment!
 
So this week we had lots of interesting things happen to us. Yesterday we were out tracting and we got to this one house and we started talking to this guy who was probably mid 20's or something years old. (sorry the way I am wording my sentences is sort of weird, the dutch and flemish language is all backwards and its starting to mess me up) Anyways, he wasnt very interested so we offered to leave behind one of our cards with our number on it in case he had questions or something like that. As soon as we handed it to him, one of his friends from a window right above us dumps a HUGE bucket of water on top of us and then slams the door and starts laughing. Me and Zuster Djoukeng just looked at each other and burst out laughing too. haha some people can be sooo rude. And I just consider that like modern day persecution as a missionary. So for the rest of the day we were completely soaked and I had looked like I just woke up or something.
 
Last night, we were also out knocking on doors. (we decided that is our favorite tool because everyone is home at night time) And we met this girl named Pegah who is from Iran. She was super nice and spoke english. you could tell by the way she was talking that she really was interested. So we gave her our card and everything and invited her to church next sunday. She said she was going through a difficulty and had had a really bad day that day and was hopeing someone would come talk to her because she wanted some direction in her life. Coincedence? I think NOT. (name that movie) but really miracles are being handed to us left and right and I cant wait to see what happens! Me and sister djoukeng decided this isnt missionary work it is just missionary fun.
 
Last monday we also went to Brugge for a Pday with our whole district and it was a blast. We took a boat tour through the whole city and then climbed the bell tower. It is a GORGEOUS city. When we come back here, we will for sure be visiting there. I have officially been to all the major cities in Flanders as well :) Belgium is my favorite and I never want to leave! I love you all so much and miss you. This church is true and I am so glad I am where I am right now. This work is so rewarding and I love helping people and bringing them so much happiness. I love you all!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment