Monday, October 21, 2013

A week full of Adventures!


Hello Family and Friends-
 
This week has been such a crazy one!! Lots of teaching, visiting the ER, parties, you name it!
 
This past Tuesday, it was early in the morning and my companion was in the shower. I was out in the kitchen just folding some laundry waiting for the bathroom when all of a sudden the door opens and I hear Zuster D scream, and then before I know it she is falling to the ground and hits her face and head on the door across the hallway. I seriously dont think I have ever ran so fast in my life and my adrenaline has never been that high Im pretty sure. Im thinking to myself "Is she dying?!?" For a second she is so out of it she isnt even talking to me so I am just down right FREAKING OUT. Turns out, she barely had eaten any food at all the day before so her stomach was completely empty and she passed out. So that day started off interesting.
 
The next day, Wednesday, we got up and started knocking on doors in the morning like normal and Zuster D thinks she has a broken nose from hitting her face. So we call Zuster Robinson and our ward mission leaders wife and we take a nice long 4 hour trip and visit to the Emergency Room in Belgium! Cross that one off my bucket list! Luckily there was no fracture or brake, so she just got some good pain pills and everything was fine! What I learned from that? Eat food.
 
We get to go to the Temple this week and I am SOOOO excited! It is about a 4 hour train ride up to Den Haag from Gent so we are leaving tomorrow night and traveling all the way up to Gouda, another city in Holland, so we dont have to travel in the morning. It will be a full day but I am so so excited! I have missed the temple. This past Sunday President and Zuster Robinson came down and spoke in our branch and they did such a good job. It is always so fun to see them! Ena, our golden investigator is still set for November 9th for her baptism and we are so excited. Her parents fly in from Mexico this coming week so they will beable to come and everything. We had an amazing dinner appointment with her and member and her husband as well. We had some really great chats and she is SO ready! We only have 2 more things to teach her. We met another couple last week named Frans and Rosietta. They live just a little bit outside of Ghent and they are fantastic! Frans came to church yesterday and he really wants to turn his life around and have a relationship with God in his life so we are really excited about his future. Also, I will be finally going to the doctor this week for my heel so I am hoping that everything is okay and it is a simple fix!
 
Thank you all for your love and support! I can feel all of your prayers helping me in the bad and good times and I am so grateful for them! I love this gospel and I know it is true. I have the BEST job in the world!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment