Monday, November 11, 2013

Being a missionary is hard...but its harder in the winter!!

Hello Friends and Family-
 
It was such an amazing week!!! We had our first baptism with Didier and it was amazing!!
 
Sad story, Ena, our other investigator getting baptized who has been golden basically the past two months decided to not go through with it at the last second right before her baptismal interview! Long story short, I think she kind of got a little scared and since her husband isnt on board with all of this she was scared out of her mind to tell him about the law of tithing. She doesnt work at all so it wouldnt have been an issue but she was nervous to just even tell him. So we are working with her and seeing what we can do in order for her to still be baptized soon. She is so ready there is just that little issue in the way. But Didier was baptized with the Elders investigator, Amparo. It was a beautiful baptism!! It makes all of the hard work we do everyday so worth it!! He is already on board with helping build up the branch and serve others!
 
I ended up going to Brussels this past week again for Zuster Djoukengs legality issues. Me and Zuster Rigdon spent the day literally touring Brussels by ourselves. It is such a gorgeous city and we had SO much fun!! Belgium also had one of the biggest rainstorms in years last week. I am not even kidding...there was not one piece of me dry that night. Haha I looked as if I had taken a shower, and ironically I had left my umbrella on the bus earlier that day so I only had a little hood. The people around me on the street looked concerned. haha but it was kind of funny at the same time. Today in Beligum, its a holiday so nothing is open so we just get to relax today so I am excited for that. My feet are doing well, I actually am starting to get Tendinitis in my left foot as well, so I am trying to watch that. Not too much pain, but definately not fun. Its been an adventure to say the least!
 
I am loving this work! We are finding more and more people everyday to teach. We set a baptismal date for our investigator Nicole for the middle of December and we have 3 other potentials we plan on doing the same thing for :) I am so so excited for them! I love this work and I love being a missionary. It truly is an amazing feeling to watch someone change their lives. The Gospel is true and I love it with all my heart! I love and miss all of you so much!! you are all the best!!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment