Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Well....Gent gets me for a whole THIRD of my mission!! :) :)

Hello Family and Friends-
 
Well we found out transfers and I get to stay in Gent again and I am so soooooo happy! I wanted to be here for Christmas and New Years so bad. We already have plans for all of the holidays with members and I seriously cannot even wait. I also get a new companion and her name is Zuster Meyers!!! she was also called as the Sister Training Leader! I am so excited. I have met her once before at Temple Conference last month and she seems like such a fun nice girl! Life is good :) Unfortunately Elder Corsini is leaving Gent after two transfers and we all were balling with the Geens (our ward mission leader) last night. Transfers are always so bittersweet. We still dont know where my companion is headed to but we will find out very soon!
 
Also an update on my health- turns out I may be going to the doctor/ER AGAIN today. :( My tendonitis is getting lots worse in my right heel and starting in my left. This past week my whole foot has also started hurting. Yesterday we were at church and one of our investigators called us and was outside but couldnt find the church building so me and my companion ran outstide super fast and down the street. I knew that wasnt a good idea because I am not suppposed to be running but I didnt even think about it really. Afterwards I was sitting in Sacrament meeting and my right foot was giving me SO much pain. Especially in the joint that connects your big toe to your foot? if that makes sense? I took some pain killers and just watched it thinking It was just irritated. Over the day it got to the point where I couldnt really walk, got super blue and purple, and super swollen. Now we are thinking I may have snapped a tendon or possibly a stress fracture due to the tendonitis and the amount of walking I do. I got a priesthood blessing from my fantastic ward mission leader at church and its not looking too good but we are hoping everything will be ok. I will keep you all posted soon. But that is the great update! I am offically walking around in slippers and sunday clothes with lots of pain killers because nothing else works. :)
 
We had a great week here in Gent! Belgium saw its first snow fall as well! It is just always super super cold and wet but i am learning to love it! We had Zone Training on Thursday and it was AMAZING! Antwerpen zone has the most amazing zone leaders. We reinacted Daniel and the lions den in a live play and I got one of the main roles so my great acting skills had to come out and it was really interesting to say the least but I had a blast. It was Zuster Djoukengs 21st birthday this past Saturday so me and her woke up and I made her a little breakfast and wrote notes and then we went over to IKEA for a bigger breakfast. I planned this whole day for her but decided to keep it a surprise. So I invited the Elders and Broeder and Zuster Geens to dinner and we went to this chinese wok place in Gent and it is DELICIOUS. I have never had better Chinese food before in my life. We had cake and ice cream and had such a great time together. Lots of laughs and memories :)
 
Didier received the Priesthood yesterday and it was such an amazing experience! He is so on fire and I am so proud of him and all the progress he is making. Ena is still in the same place. We are trying to work with her on setting another baptismal date. The Elders have found....no joke.....30 new investigators these past 2 weeks!!! So we are splitting it 50-50 and each taking 15 which means we are in for some of the busiest weeks of our lives but I cannot even wait. We have been doing lots of door knocking as well and we found 6 new people in one night that all want books of mormon so we will hopefully be delivering all of those this week if I can start walking again. I love missionary work and Gent is seriously on fire....this whole mission is on fire!! I cannot wait for this next transfer to see what the adventure brings! This gospel is true and I know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us no matter what the circumstance. I know that he is trying to just see how strong my faith is and I am trying my best to be strong and trust in the lord that everything will be ok and I will be able to finish out my mission for the next year. I love and miss all of you so much and thank you for your prayers and support. I will keep you all updated! I love missionary work! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I will be gettting two full thanksgiving dinners in Europe! I am spoiled!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment