Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I LOVE my Mission!!

Hello Family and Friends-
 
This past week was so so amazing!! We had stake conference in Antwerpen Saturday night and then in Brussels Sunday night and I just loved every single second of it. We have an amazing stake in northern Belgium and I love it so much.
 
All is well with Didier after being baptized. He is seriously SO awesome already and doing missionary work just like he has been a member for years. We went over to his house this last week and he went into the other room to get his scriptures, and then just came back with another friend! I was dying of happiness! He also came to stake conference (both sessions) and loved it. We had Elder Adler come and speak and he would be speaking in English and then someone would be standing right next to him and have to say it in Flemish so that took awhile but it was really interesting and he is a great speaker. I can understand all of what is being said and pretty much go up to any person and start a converstaion with them in FLEMISH. I still have no idea how  that has  happened in 5 and a half months though. Its so cool! Its definately not me, its the lord :)
 
Ena is still considered one of our progressing investigators. We had President Van Hees come over and we talked to her about the law of tithing and how we can help her talk to her husband etc etc and she said she will be doing that this week so I am really excited to see what comes of it. We are hoping to see her be baptized in December so it should be great. She will be such a great member and the Gent branch really needs her talents and abilities. We also have transfers coming up this next week, and we find out where everybody is headed to this coming Sunday so it will determine whether or not I am in Gen t for Christmas and New Years. I am hoping I stay SOO bad! We have Nicole that is progressing towards her baptismal date in December and she is soo wonderful. She is  a Belgian woman who is 77 but still just has that skip to her step and still babysits grandchildren and everything. She is so so sweet. The only thing for her is coming to church because sometimes she feels good and other days she doesnt so it just depends. But we are working with her and hoping we can figure something out.
 
I seriously love my mission. I love these people, I love Belgium, I love Holland, just everything about it. It has become my second home and it will be SO hard to leave it when that day comes. I know  this gospel is true and that it can change lives. I have seen it come into so many peoples hearts and eyes and it is so cool to see how our savior works. I love this gospel and I am so glad I am out here sharing it with everybody. One thing Elder Adler said to us yesterday at our Brussels stake conference was "what the lord gives you, is for you to share. And as you share it, he will give you more."I loved that because it is so true! I love all of you and miss you all dearly! thank you for the support and the prayers. You are all the best!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment