Monday, November 4, 2013

Belgium does not mess around with its weather!

Hello Family and Friends-
 
We have had such an incredible week and this week will be even better with TWO BAPTISMS on Saturday!! I am probably going to cry like a little baby and I cannot even wait!
 
We have Didier, a referral we received about a month ago, that is getting baptized this Saturday and Ena as well. They are both so so ready, it amazes me! We are seeing Didier every single day this week except today to teach him all the rest of the lessons. They both come to church every week and are so strong. We are having a little "Mexican Fiesta" type party after for them all because all three of them speak spanish. So Elder Corsini is an amazing chef so he is going to make us all tacos.....if we can actually find those ingredients here in Europe. But nonetheless, I am excited. After being gone for 5 months, that is definately the food I miss the very most. We gave 8 other given lessons this week as well!! That is SO many! Me and my companion actually re counted twice to make sure we were right. We found 5 new people, just knocking on doors, and basically were able to actually go inside and share a little lesson with them. It was incredible! We have also received about 10 referrals in the past two weeks from headquaters and our ward mission leader. Gent is just on FIRE!
 
Utah is not even close to the category of cold comparing it to Belgium. It is SUPER super cold here. I have a feeling we are really starting to round the corner into Winter and the snow will be falling soon. I look like the kid off of a Christmas Story with my coat and scarves on. I might take a picture sometime soon :) but the important thing is I am warm!! My companion has a super nasty cold right now so I am praying I dont get it.
 
I went over to Antwerpen this week with Zuster Rigdon, my sister training leader, and we had so much fun! Antwerpen is a really big, cool city and we go there alot between zone trainings and conferences and exchanges. Today we are going to take a train over to Brugge and spend the day with alot of missionaries in our Zone. Life is hard :) Other than that everything here is really amazing and I love Gent so much. When the day comes that I will leave, I really think I might cry. I thought I will write a short testimony in Flemish just for fun. Ik weet dat deze kerk waar is en dat Joseph Smith een profeet was. Door gebed en Jezus Christus alles is mogelijk. Ik weet dat als wij lezen in de schriften elke dag wij kunnen de geest echt sterke voelen en onze getuigenis groein. Ik houd van dit evangelie en ik ben zo echt dankbaar voor de gelegenheid dan ik heb om een zendeling te zijn. Ik houd van jullie en ik ben dankbaar voor jullie gebed and steuen voor mij. Tot de volgende week!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment