Monday, February 10, 2014

Living in the Netherlands is like a dream. :)

Hello Friends and Family-
 
We are already about in the middle of February and I am freaking out! Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes and everything. I have to say....it was thee weirdest birthday I have ever had thus far. haha Because I woke up...and it just felt like a normal day but then also a special day as well. And I feel like I am so used to and in track with the normal missionary schedule that I cant really remember what I would of been doing on my birthday in the first place instead of missionary work, if that makes sense? I do feel older with this one though. haha turning 20 seems really weird and way too old because I feel like I just entered into the decade of decisions or something which seems extremely intimidating. But I was soooooo spoiled on my bday!! I got to open all of the gifts that I got from my family (you guys are the best and I love youuuu) and then we had a lunch appointment with one of the members and my comp wouldnt tell me why or what or anything. So we go over there and I walk in and they had decorated their house with everything and gave me tulips and a card and told me they were taking me to a REAL pannokoeken house to have my first real pannokoeken :) It was SOOOO GOOOD. I could not believe my taste buds. And then after we did all of that we came back to their house and they say "thats not everything" and all of the Elders storm in the house and they had made cake and pies and had gifts and everything :) It was so much fun and I felt soo loved! Then that night we went to Instituut and had dinner and they all sang Happy Birthday and gave me MORE gifts!! I just love them all so much. So overall it was a really great day :)
 
Other than that, missionary work is also on FIRE! We still have two baptismal dates with Petra and Sam and they are both doing really well and progressing. We are so booked with appointments now that we really dont have anytime to go finding.....which I guess is a good thing but we are trying really hard to keep that going as much as possible so that we can keep our investigator poool extremely high. We went door knocking last night for about an hour and found 6 potentials and made two appointments at the door. THAT LIKE NEVER HAPPENS. So we were supppper happy about that! We have lots of good things planned for this coming week as well. We are down to our last full week of this transfer! SOO crazy how fast time flies. But we are working really hard and trying to find all of the prepared people here in Apeldoorn! I LOVE all of these members SO much. I am really so lucky to have hit the jackpot two times in a row with the members and wards that are here in this mission. I love missionary work and I am so glad I am where I am spreading the gospel. It is the best job in the whole world! I love and miss you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment