Monday, February 17, 2014

The work is on FIRE!!!

Hello Wonderful Family and Friends-
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day and had a fantastic week! We are at the end of the transfer over here in the Netherlands and it turns out I will be staying with Zuster Israelsen and I am SOOOO happy. This will be her last transfer before she heads back home which means I am almost guarenteed to stay one more as well unless they whitewash it, but probably not :) i am just starting to really connect and get to know the ward and they are so amazing. I feel so blessed to be here and to work with these amazing people!
 
So this past week, we have seen so many amazing miracles in this city. Our hard work is starting to pay off and we are SO busy....we dont even have time to do weekly planning this week. We are headed over to Den Haag again this Wednesday to pick up Zr Israelsens identity card and we have a schedule full of just appointments with people all week long. Miracle #1: We were out door knocking Sunday February 9th and we came across this man who we sat at the door for awhile and talked about the Book of Mormon and ended up setting an appointment at the door for this past Friday the 14th. Not thinking too much of it we go over there Friday and start talking with him. Turns out, we end up teaching him the first lesson and setting a baptismal date for March 22nd!!! The spirit was SO strong and it was such a cool experience to see! We also, that same day, set another baptismal date with one of our investigators named Joseph. He has been getting lessons for us the whole transfer but we have been working on specific things with him like Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity and he finally accepted one! I am so excited!! :) We are going to see lots and lots of miracles this next transfer! We, as missionaries, are making American Panacakes for the whole ward and our investigators this Saturday so that should be very interesting and fun! We dont have lots of time to go finding because we are so busy with appointments and different things. I feel like I am living the missionary dream! :)
 
I love this gospel and I love this mission! Looking back to when left and to now being almost halfway through...I have changed and learned sooo much about myself. And you cant get the same experience in any other way. Missionary work stretches you in ways you didnt think you could be stretched and shows you what it really means to rely on the lord and figure out who you are. Im still learning every single day and its still hard at times but I love this work so much. It scares me that I am literally almost half way done and looking at the down slope.. it actually makes me sick. haha I love you all and miss you dearly!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy
 
PS There is a video on Youtube of me and the other missionaries when we made a video for the young women in Dutch if you want to look it up. I have forgotten to tell you every week except now haha type in "Mariska Feith" and then it should be there as Ëlders the Movie. :) Its all in Dutch so you wont know whats going on but...Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment