Monday, February 24, 2014

Quickest week of my life!

Hello Friends and Family-
 
So basically....I have no idea where this week went. Every single Sunday night our District leader calls us and we report our numbers for that week and talk about how our investigators are doing and everything, and my companion answered the phone and started reading them off and I turned to her and said "why are you giving him numbers tonight?!" and she just started laughing and said Üm...its Sunday. haha so I have officially lost it and I never know what day it is anymore! But it was a fantastic week full of good things.
 
First off, I think its important for you to all know that I tasted REAL Diet Coke again for the first time on Friday night. How did I do that? Well there is an amazing member here in Apeldoorn and we have become good friends and I told him that I really missed it one time. So what did he do? He went and got it for me from ENGLAND!!! So basically I had a fantastic week. And I also came to the realization that I really do have a slight problem because it shouldnt ever taste THAT good. haha and I only have two cans so I am making those suckers last ;)
 
So transfers were also this past Wednesday and everybody went to their new places. We lost Elder Eastmond and Elder Claflin which was super sad but we got Elder Lee and Elder Alston (who is with Elder Muse as zone leaders) and its basically a party. We have dinner appointments with all six of us basically every single night and we always have good times and laughs. We did an American Panacake breakfast for the entire ward this past Saturday morning and that was SO much fun. We did one batch completely normal and then another with Bananas and Chocolate. Elder Muse is SO good at cooking and so he was doing alot of it and we all just gave support. Haha it was a blast! We had a baptism on Saturday for the Elders for a man named Simon. He is chinese and his visa expired here in Holland so he has to return back to China for a little bit of time and then he will come back. Me and Zuster Israelsen are still having a blast teaching Sam and Guvendi. They are both progressing perfectly and on track for baptism. We had a really cool miracle...we were teaching Guvendi about the Word of Wisdom and he drinks tea every morning and also coffee every once in a while. And 9 times out of 10 its a little difficult for an investigator to give up those kinds of things at first but he literally said ök well it looks like I wont be drinking those anymore...I will just drink milk or juice instead. BAM. And it was good. How crazy and awesome is that? He is so prepared its ridiculous and I cannot wait for this upcoming month of March because we are going to be having a good time :)
 
We are also working alot with the Young Women in this ward and can I just say...I love them. So much. There are 6 of them total and we have become such good friends and me and Zuster Israelsen have been making it a goal to see them every single week at least once and to help them with their scripture study and prayers. Because I have really realized on my mission how lucky I was to go to school where the majority of people I was around had the same standards and believed in the same thing. Because it is SO much harder for them out here. They have so much around them pulling them in a different direction all the time but they stay strong! I love this ward in Apeldoorn with all my heart and I am so grateful to be here and have this oppurtunity. Being a missionary is so cool/rewarding/hard/exhausting/amazing. All in one :) I love all of you and miss you dearly! Thank you for the support and the prayers! Also, I am going to send some pics home sometime this week so be watching the blog (sorry ive been slacking on that).
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment