Monday, March 17, 2014

Everything with a cherry on top!

Friends and Family-
 
Well....bad news. I officially was sick this past week for the first time on my mission. I was doing so good and then I hit my half way mark and I guess my body realized I was officially on the down ward slope to dying so it hit both me and my companion with a little bug! I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat but didnt really think anything of it. Then throughout the day the coughing came, headache, swollen tonsils, and everything else you can think of. Finally after our dinner appointment when I was struggling to keep my eyes open my companion said ok time to go home for you. So we called the presidents wife and went in early Thursday night and ended up taking almost half of friday staying inside. As a missionary, that is the worst thing in the world to stay in the apartment that long. All you want to do the whole time is be outside because you arent used to staying inside. Haha but I got a whole 13 hours of sleep which is the most I have gotten since I left and I am proud to report that I am completely healthy and back on my feet today! So that made this week a little bit on the slow side and made me miss my mom a little bit more. I needed some Diet Coke and chicken noodle soup or something. :)
 
We had a really crazy, busy week with our investigators! We have had lots of appointments with our investigator named Peter. He is SOO funny. I come out with sore abs because I laugh so hard every time we are with him. He is definatley a slow progressor but he is getting there and he is coming to the open house we will have of the church in a couple weeks so I am really excited for that! He also said he would bring a friends which is awesome. Sam is also still progressing and we have had to move his baptismal date to the end of April because of church attendance and other things but a mircale happened. He is quitting his soccer team!!!! Which was keeping him from coming to church every Sunday and he just said I know that something needs to change in order to do this and I am willing to do whatever it takes so he is finishing out this season and then he will be coming to church every sunday!! Woooo! We were so happy! We have been doing alot of handing out invitations/flyers to everyone around the neighborhood for this open house. We are really stressed to say the least. We have been put in charge of another event happening on Thursday. Apparently students from Apeldoorn come and visit churches around Apeldoorn one day of the year and we are preparing an hour and a half presentation for that In Dutch of course which makes it a little more complicated. Then on Saturday we are making Pancakes for everyone in the ward again. So we are super super busy with everything. I love this ward and am so glad I have had the oppurtunity to work with them and keep working with them! I have been told I am staying in Apeldoorn already since my companion is being transferred to America which makes it so I will be here till for sure the middle of May and I am SOOO happy! :) I love and miss all of you dearly!!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment