Monday, March 31, 2014

Another Transfer in Apeldoorn!!

Hello Friends and Family-
 
Well the news is out and I get another beautiful transfer here in Apeldoorn!! Unfortunately Zuster Israelsen is being transferred...to America....no big deal. I may or may not have shed a few tears already and definately will on the day she leaves. We are taking advantage of the last two days we have as companions! BUT I will be getting a new companion and her name is Zuster Jones!! I am so excited. She will be on her 4th transfer and she is coming from Haarlem (one of the cities I would LOVE to serve in). Its where they filmed "The Best Two Years". So that is really exciting and I will be meeting her on Wednesday afternoon!
 
We had a really great and productive week! We have been teaching and finding qutie a bit. We were able to have an openhouse for the new church building here in Apeldoorn this past Saturday and that went really well. We saw about 70-80 people come and we were busy talking to all of them. It was really cool...there was a cute little elderly couple that walked in and I started talking to them. They began to tell me that they had been to Salt Lake City one time and had visited the temple grounds and was able to walk into the front entrance/waiting room just to do a little sight seeing. They were completely blown away by the spirit that they had felt there that when they came back to the Netherlands and found out there was an openhouse for the church building here in Apeldoorn, they wanted to be sure to make it over here! So we gave them our number and a few other things and we are hoping to beable to have contact with them very soon. We had an investigator also come by named Peter. He has decided that he doesnt really want to have the "lessons" anymore, but he always says Ïk hou van jullie, jullie zign mijn engelen! Which means he loves us and we are his angels. Haha So he will definately still be in our book and we will stop by. He came to church yesterday as Zuster Izzy was able to give a talk and also sing for the whole ward (she studies opera at home and is SOO good). So he came by and after the sacrament meeting was over he looked at me and said "Well...I thought it was beautiful....what do I do now?" haha So he is definately having some wheels turn in his head so I am excited to see what happens! Sam is still doing great and is planning to be baptized on April 26th. I am so excited for him!! He is making such amazing progress every single time we see him.
 
So I will be doing something tonight that every American that comes to Holland has to do....I will be trying Harring!! Zuster Izzy hasnt done it either on her whole mission so I figure..why not? I might as well do it right now with her. So tonight with all the young single adults we will both be doing it. I will record it and take pictures so you guys can all see the throw up that will probably be there afterwards :) Since being on my mission, I have grown to just kind of like fish. So we will see. I am so excited for General Conference this upcoming weekend. Make sure that you all get a chance to listen to every session! Its the best time of the year! It is slowly becoming warmer and warmer here and it is HEERLIJK! We are planning on going to Koekenhof for the tulips the end of April and I am really excited. I love you all and miss you so much! Thank you for the prayers and support!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment