Monday, March 10, 2014

What a glorious day in the neighborhoooooood :)

Family and Friends-
 
This week has been soooo amazing!! I am especially happy right now because we have also been experiencing some of thee most beautiful weather the Netherlands has ever seen for centuries in March. It was 72 degrees yesterday and about 68 degrees today. I dont know how long it will stay THAT warm but we are definately seeing Spring come around the corner. All of the tulips along the sides of the roads, in our backyard, and all over the fields. I love living in the Netherlands. Period.
 
We had a pretty crazy week full of appointments, exchanges, and anything else you might want to add in there..it probably happened. All of our investigators are doing pretty well. Our two baptismal dates both had a rough week and were either sick or had family issues which made it alot harder to get in contact with them. But we have also increased our potential pool quite a bit. We went knocking one night and ended up setting three appointments there on the door and giving out four Books of Mormon! It was such a cool little miracle. We have appointments with all of them this week and I am super excited to see what happens. This past Saturday me and my companion made lunch for all of the young women in the ward just for fun and we had a really great time. I have pics that will come very soon. We have been planning for an openhouse to see the new church building that the ward here is doing on March 29th. We will be handing out the invitations as a contact method and getting as many people around the neighborhood of the church invited. We will also be doing a workshop for all of the members and to train them on what to say and what not to say and all of that good stuff. It is kind of turning into a way that we will beable to invite our investigators and also potentially find new ones during this process. I am super excited! So we are very busy doing all of that. We will be doing lots of good finding this week and hopefully finding some new people to teach. The longer I am in this city the more I just absolutley love it. At first coming from Belgium, the Netherlands was a bit of a culture shock but now I just love it. Us Missionaries compare to as if you have two children, and you love them both the same amount, just in different ways. Thats exactly how it is with these two countries. :)
 
So...I am freaking out. I hit my half way mark in TWO days. Where on earth did time go?! I cant even believe it! Us and a few members decided if was an important enough day to go out to eat and get some really yummy food so we will be doing that Wednesday night and I am really excited. :) We are having a blast doing missionary work here in Apeldoorn. I am just counting my blessings every day for the oppurtunity I have to do this. I am really starting to see how fast time flies and its freaking me out, but also reminding me how much I need to cherish every day. I love you all and miss you! Tot volgende week :) Success! Duoi!
 
Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment