Monday, May 5, 2014

Temple and Tulips!!

Does it get any better than this?
The Hague Netherlands Temple


Hello Friends and Family-
What an FANTASTIC WEEK we had!! Oh my goodness I just didnt want it to end! I crossed many different things off my bucket list and It was sooo good to get a little spiritual boost from the temple and see all the beautiful tulips over here in Nederland!
On Monday night we traveled all the way over to Zoetermeer and was able to stay with the Zusters who were there. It was an absolute blast because one of them, Zuster Reeder, was my roomate in the MTC and I hadnt seen her since August and the other one, Zuster Verdegem, was a member in Gent the whole time I was there and then left on her mission when I left to come up to Apeldoorn so it was so much fun to see her again! She speaks GORGEOUS Vlaams and I didnt realize how much I missed that language. I just had her speak in Vlaams the whole entire night! Made me a little homesick for Belgium :) We woke up early the next morning and were in the temple by 8:30 and did a session all together. It was so funny because the last temple conference in October I could definately understand what was going on in Dutch but definatly not everything, but this time...it just sounded normal. It was such a weird feeling but I loved it! They dont have the new temple video in Dutch yet so we saw the old one again but the translation should be done by the next conference so that will be perfect. We were able to stay in the temple for a good two whole hours and it was SOO needed. That is one major downfall about being on a mission- not being able to go to the temple whenever you want. There is such a peace and a power there that you just cant find or feel anywhere else. Afterwards we went to the church building in Zoetermeer and had lunch and a little meeting with everyone together, then we all got in a huge bus and drove about 45 minutes to Keukenhof. Oh my goodness. I have never seen so many beautiful flowers in my life!!! We were able to stay there for almost 2 1/2 hours since it is so big and we all just had a blast. Pretty sure I took over 85 pictures so dont worry. I decided it felt a little bit like Disneyland...just without the rides. :)
The rest of the week was super awesome! I was able to go on Exchanges up to Fryslaan, in Leeuwarden with Zuster Hoff. We did lots of good contacting and taught alot of their investigators. Me and Zuster Jones have been working our butts off trying to find new people to teach. We had an super cool lesson with Sam this past week. He is still having lots of trouble stopping with smoking and so we decided we just really needed to pray and make a new plan with him, where we are really involved to get him motivated. And so we were there with two members for joint teaches and we decided to just talk about prayer and scripture study and how that should be your source of strength to stop with smoking. And we ended up making a plan with him and he gave us all of his cigarettes he had in the house, threw away all of his ash trays and lighters, and said ök this is it. I am totally done." It was a miracle!! So he is trying his very best and is going for the goal of being baptized on May 24th now. Please pray for him :) Me and Zuster Jones are loving being companions and serving here in Apeldoorn. Transfers are next Wednesday ( I know what your all thinking- It feels like transfers were just YESTERDAY!) But I am really really hoping to stay here for 4 and just make it another 6 month adventure :) I love the members here soooo much and I am not ready to leave just yet. But we will find out Sunday night or Monday morning what is happening so I will have that news soon. Its a total 50/50 chance for me so we will see. I love and miss you all!! Enjoy the pictures of the beautiful country I get to call my home :)
Love, Zuster Brophy
Ps. Cant wait to talk to my sweet family on Sunday!!


 A few of us with President Robinson
 Me and Zuster Jones


 I love my mission! I would't want to be anywhere else!



I have the best mission parents everrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment