Monday, May 19, 2014

"When in doubt...just CREAM."

Hello Family and Friends-
 
OH my goodness. So basically you could easily call this last week the most exhausting week I have yet experienced on my mission. I have successfully reached a level of tiredness and exhaustion that I have never reached before in my life. haha I counted it as an accomplishment.
 
But to just start from the beginning. After you find out you are getting transferred, its always an adventure trying to get everything packed and orderly in a matter of two days. I had to say some goodbyes and those are always hard (worst part of the mission in my opinion) and take all of the pictures you can before you leave your city. So Wednesday morning comes around and I get all of my junk to Utrecht central. I said goodbye to Zuster Jones and Elder Alston and all of the other missionaries. It was super hard!! Especially saying goodbye to missionaries that you have been working with for soo long. They just become your family out here! Then Me and Zuster Kohlert grab our stuff and the elders take us to our apartment in Capelle (since we have no idea where anything is since we are both new to the area). We drop our stuff in the family room and start looking around everywhere in the apartment. We go upstairs and one of the first things we see is the bathroom.....OH MY goodness people. I kid you not- there is mold and all different kinds of things you can imagine. The light doesnt work, and it looks as if something had literally just exploded allllll over the floor. It was disgusting! And so me and Z Kohlert just look at each other and start laughing because we are thinking Ïs this a joke?" But just wait....this story gets more interesting. Then we go downstairs and look at the table expecting to see notes of all their investigators and directions on how to get everywhere...there is barely anything. Cue the stress. AHHH. We were also informed on that piece of paper that our house is officially infested with MICE. mice people. And they have been trying to fix it for months and nothing has been done and so to just be careful and make sure that you dont leave anything on the floor or else they will chew holes in them. WAIT WHAT? But then we look at the bottom of our schedule for Wednesday and it says Bathroom check at 8 pm BE HOME. So...we look at each other and of course I say "well....i need a diet coke." Long story short....we get back home at 8 that night and there is a guy with his wife and they check missionary apartments. He walks upstairs and the next thing I know he is looking in the bathroom and says "sisters...you cannot live here. This is dangerous to your health and you need to be out of this apartment as soon as possible. I am going to call the president right now." So he calls president robinson and tells them we need to either buy a new apartment or fix it right now but that we cant live here. Soooo after alot of negotiating and figuring things out we decided that we are going to be living in Den Haag with other sisters for about 3 weeks and traveling to and from every single day, which is about an 1 hr 20 min train ride. So now we are living in Den Haag, but working in Capelle. All of my stuff is literally just all over the place because I cant really unpack.  And I offically went to bed after 1230 at night and woke up at 630 Sunday through Friday last week, while still working every day and trying to pink wash a city. WHEEW. I was ready for Pday to say the least and I have been eating lots of ice cream and diet coke. :) So  we are hoping to get back in to our apartment as soon as possible with a clean bathroom and NO mice. Cross your fingers everybody. Lots of prayers are welcome. On the bright side we are the fist sisters to offically have a "4 sister apartment"and its a blast!! We have a good time laughing at night and doing P90X in the mornings. :)
 
Capelle is absolutely beautiful!!! It is really close to Rotterdam which is a super big city, the ward is amazing and we are so excited to be companions and just blow this city up. We have tons and tons of investigators that the sisters left behind for us to teach and we are super excited to start working with all of these fantastic people. The elders have helped us alot, we have had some really loopy moments because we are so stressed and tired, but it is so awesome and I am happy to be here! We have already gotten 3 new investigators in about 4 days so I am just so excited to see the many miracles that will happen in this city. Even on these weeks....it is possible to find joy in missionary work. You just have to look a little bit harder. I love you all and miss you!
 
Zuster Brophy
 

PPS Cream is cry and scream put together. So when in doubt...just remember to cream. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment