Monday, May 12, 2014

This is when a mission gets realllll exciting....

Well everyone...even though I totally thought I was staying one more in Apeldoorn...PSYCH. Ive been transferred!!!! I have been called to serve in Capelle aan den Ijssel with Zuster Kohlert!!!!! Wooo!! We are also "pink washing" the place which means both me and Zuster Kohlert are new and it is kind of like opening a whole new city. So it will definatley be an adventure. :) Me and Zr K were in the same MTC group and we served my whole first 6 months of my mission in Beligum together so I already know her really well and I am SOOO excited to be her companion. We are going to have a little too much fun I think :) I am going to miss Zuster Jones sooo much. We were really hoping for one more together and we both were expecting to hear that I was staying so it was a little bit of a let down. I also got the phone call literally 10 minutes after I had said goodbye to my family...talk about a roller coaster of emotions. This is definatley one of the hardest parts of mission I think..is saying goodbye to all these members/companion that you love so much!! But I know that Capelle will be great and I have heard so many great things. I will also be serving in the same district as Elder Elkins!! Woo!! so I will finally see him a little bit more on my mission.
 
I loved skyping yesterday!! I cant believe that was my last time on my mission. It seems so unreal and like time just doesnt exist but it was good to see and talk to my family! This time...luckily I am not homesick at all. I dont know what changed from last time but Its been lots better this time so that is a plus! We had a really great week in Apeldoorn! lots of good teaching appointments and finding time! It has been raining non stop for about 4 days now and I am ssssooo sick of biking in the rain. In fact, just on the way to the library me and Zuster Jones got SOAKED and when we walked in the library we literally had people asking if we had just taken a shower. haha but it is beautifully green and blooming everywhere you look. This last week I made my famous dish "chili and noodles" for my whole district and of course everyone loved it and it is now mission wide. I am very proud. :)
 
This week is going to be super crazy and I have a feeling I am going to be really tired but I am supr excited for a new adventure, new faces, new city, etc etc. I am going to miss the members here sooo much but thank goodness for technology and its comforting to know I will be back visiting in just a short time. Missions are the best things in the world!! Love and miss you all!!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy
PS dont send anything to my old address now. I will let you all know my new one when I get there next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment