Monday, May 26, 2014

"When he walks in the room, he's just got swagger."- President Robinson

Hello Friends and Family-
This week has gone by soo fast! I just cant believe its already Monday again. We have been crazy busy looking up so many people and meeting new faces from this amazing ward. The ward here in Rotterdam is alot bigger than my previous cities. Still with lots of inactives but definately bigger with some awesome members! We have had a dinner appointment every single night so far and I am loving it! I decided that we kind of have the best of both worlds because Capelle is kind of like living in a nice quiet little town, but then you travel for about 15 minutes and you are in a really gorgeous big town.
Some good news...we will be offically moving into our Capelle apartment tomorrow with a clean bathroom and no mice. luckily the prayers worked ;) I am super excited to finally live in the city we are working in. Its been quite the adventure traveling to and from Den Haag every single day and I am pretty sure me and Z Kohlert are the most expensive missionaries in the whole entire mission. Haha but despite all of the craziness, we have witnessed some of the most amazing miracles!! It seems like we look left and right and there is always something happening, and we are just lucky enough to be apart of it. On Wednesday we had Zone Conference and it was SOOO good. President Robinson had some really amazing one liners (hence the subject line). He is one of the most hilarious people I have ever met and I am so glad he is my mission president. Its always good to have these kinds of meetings to get some good spiritual nourishment! Kind of weird situation but we will be having another Zone Conference coming up on June 14th and I am super excited for that one too. Today we had a zone pday and went to Kinderdijk!! It is a place where you see sooo many gorgeous windmills right next to each other. It was so amazing! I also have the best zone EVER. I am finally able to work with Elder Elkins and also Zuster Thorley, my MTC companion. We are going to have a blast, I just know it. It only took a year to get these people in my area! Also other exciting news...my companion cut my hair! She had never done it before but my ends were so bad and driving me crazy that I let her just chop a good two inches off and little did she know..she was meant to be a hair stylist because she did a great job!
This last week we went on splits with the zone leaders and went finding basically all day long. We found FIVE potentials and made TWO appointments in about four hours! It was so awesome. If all of the appointments we have set for this week go through..it is going to blow our minds! I am so excited to see all the potential this great little city has. And very excited to finally get settled into our apartment. We will see how it all works out! I love you and miss you all!
Love, Zuster Brophy


No comments:

Post a Comment