Monday, September 8, 2014

So who hired the band for the Ward BBQ?....Oh just the Sister Missionaries.

Hello Family and Friends-

Oh my goodness I feel like my brain/head is so crammed full with information and things to do that I dont know where to begin in my emails. That seems to be happening almost every single week now though. I wish there was an easier method to tell you guys everything that has been happening, because my brain just becomes mush by Mondays.

BUT, we had a realllly great week this week! Did lots of fun things and saw alot of cool miracles! We had a really fun ward BBQ this past Friday and yes.......we may have accidentally hired a band and offered ourselves to be the main singers. haha you can only imagine how that turned our. We met this really awesome guy named Mano a few weeks ago and got started teaching him. We found out that he played guitar and he found out that we liked to sing so apparently he formed us into a band without telling us. He asked if he could come to the BBQ and play his guitar. We said he could thinking ya he can totally just sit on the grass and play the guitar....no big deal right? Welllll...he ended up bringing his amp and guitar with two other friends he had that also can sing. hahaha funniest night of my life. We ended up singing and dancing for the whole ward all night long and being the main entertainment. SO fun! I was extremely nervous and a little bit scared at first, but then everything turned out great! The ward loved it. I have a really great video that I can show all of you later. Then on Saturday night me and Zuster Kohlert were able to do something that no other missionary was able to do......go to Rotterdamse HavenDag!!! Its this really awesome show that they do every single year in September in Rotterdam, where they have all of the different kinds of boats come to the Harbor and have a show and big firework show on Saturday night since Rotterdam has the biggest Harbor/Haven in the world. Iris, our investigator, invited us to go with her and her son to see the Haven and the firework show on Saturday night. So we called our mission president to see if we could get permission to go, kind of scared thinking he would say no, but since we have the coolest mission president EVER he was just like Ya sure....just make good choices and have fun!! WOOO Bomb! So we got to see that and it was SOO fun! Thenn.....to top it all of for this week...we have some members in our ward here in Rotterdam that live INSIDE a Windmill. So they gave all 6 of us missionaries in the ward a private tour of the Windmill this morning :) It was a great week full of lots of non missionary ish things I guess? haha so fun.

We only have a week left of this transfer and I cant figure out where the time has gone! Me and Kohlert may just cry on Transfer day next week. I wish we could just finish out our missions together but unfortunately that cant happen! I am excited to see who gets to leave this beautiful city though. I am very torn at what I actually want though. We have a VERY busy week this week. We have a mission conference this upcoming Thursday and we get to listen to ELDER BALLARD. SOO excited. Its going to be bomb! I hope you all enjoy the pics :) Love and miss you all!

Love, Zuster Brophy


HavenDag!
 Me, Zuster Kohlert, and Elder Conatti
 HavenDag :)
Our private tour of the "windmill house"...so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment