Monday, October 20, 2014

Ik vind het leuk om kruidnoten te eten. :) Uh Oh....dit is een probleem.

Hello Friends and Family-

Sooooo I love Europe around the Holidays. They just do it SO much better than America when it comes to the food. Mainly just the pastries. Last year around this time I was in Belgium which is very different than the Netherlands so I didnt get the gevulde speculaas and the Kruidnoten and Kerst Pannekoeken! They are SOOO DELCIOUS. Its seriously a dangerous environment over here. And there real Christmas holiday is Sint Nicolaas and that is on December 5th. So I will be here just in time to catch the big one here and just in time back in America to catch the one there :)

We have had a great week. We went to the TEMPLE!!! For the last time...in dutch. That was a really weird feeling when I left there. But I finally got to see one of the new temple videos!! WOO. They finally finished translating it to Dutch. I thought it was super good but also very weird. haha idk how to describe it. I guess I just didnt really know what to expect, but it was super great! We had a really good conference after with everyone and good trainings. We have been doing alot of good finding lately and trying to find some good investigators. We have seen some success but not alot this past week. We taught this new woman and her name is Sibel. She is from Turkey and she is hilarioussss. She doesnt speak Dutch and only a little bit of English so she is constantly making funny comments and trying to figure out what we were saying. But the good news is...we made it through the Restoration lesson and it went really good and the spirit was strong! Iris is still doing great. We moved her bap date AGAIN to Nov 15th and we are praying she makes it. Transfers are next Wednesday and we find out this upcoming Sunday if I am leaving or not. I think I am leaving Capelle but im not so sure. We will see what happens! Another one of our investigators Mano, is throwing a huge party for me with his family and all of the elders in our ward are coming next Sunday and I am super excited. Mano speaks fluent dutch but he likes to practice his English with us so most of the time we end up speaking a mix of the two. But in his broken english he told me I really hope you can stay here...you are the Sunshine in this house. haha I laughed super hard. When he says it in Dutch it sounds a lot less sketchy and creepy....but he translated it directly so it sounded really funny in English. He is so great! We are hoping to set a baptismal date with him very soon.

This upcoming weekend we have Stake Conference here in Rotterdam! We are getting transfer calls on Sunday and we are busy with lots of appointments! Life is good. And not to mention...the weather here is sooo abnormally warm for this time of the year! So I am counting my blessings :) I love you all!!

Love, Zuster Brophy

Jason from Apeldoorn came and visited me in Rotterdam! SO fun!  
                                        

Lunch at Vapianos. LEKKER



At the temple in Den Haag



No comments:

Post a Comment