Monday, September 9, 2013

Gelukkige Vejaardag to Grammy, Grandpa, Princess Belen, and Grandma Barb!! :)



Hello Friends and Family!! I hope all of you birthday people have great birthdays!! I cannot believe little Belen is going to be 3 this Thursday!! Give her a BIG hug from me!
 
This week went by so so fast! I cant believe that September is already half way over and it feels like I just flew to Europe yesterday! We have had lots of success with our investigators! We were out door knocking last week and found this 29 year old spanish lady named Ena who has 2 kids and is married to a Belgian. She opened the door and was super super friendly and looked at our nametags and said "you teach people about Jesus Christ right?" and we said "Actually that is the only reason we are here." haha and she let us in and we talked with her. She continued to tell us how in Belgium it is so hard to teach your kids about God and Jesus Christ and she wanted us to help her with that. She came to church this past Sunday and we are teaching her again this Thursday and we are going to give her a baptismal date. I am sooo excited for her and her cute family!
 
This week our neighbor, Aicha, asked me to help her with some cakes for her baby shower this coming Saturday. She isnt an investigator at all. I met her on my first day in Belgium because she just lives right below us and seriously...she is like my other mom. Haha if I had issues with anything, I would call her. We are going to be making 8 huge cakes with fondunt and all this good stuff and I am SOO excited! She has two girls, one is 1 and a half and the other is about 2 months old and she is so cute. Also, funny story, this past week I had taken off one of my cardigans and slung it around my backpack because it was a little bit hot. We got to an investigators house and realized it was gone. So either it fell and I didnt notice, or someone ripped it off. So that was a bummer but it was kind of funny because of course that is just my luck. Dont worry, I have like 15 more and I make it a priority to shop on P days :)
 
So this past week we ate at a members house the Vermeulen Family. Usually they make really yummy food and i have been really lucky as far as not coming into contact with fish. Well that night she decided to make Salmon, Kod, Rice, and this Shrimp Curry. I DIED. The only thing I liked on the table was the rice. haha So I ate the salmon (which she gave me the biggest piece naturally) and rice with...Ketchup. I had said a prayer right before the meal that I would beable to eat the fish without actually tasting anything and it really did taste like chicken. So moral of the story....the church is true!! haha But really, I was proud of myself for eating the whole meal.
 
I love you all and miss you so much!! I am so grateful for all of your prayers and support. I love my mission and I love these people so much. I know I am exactly where I need to be! I know this church is true and I am so grateful for the oppurtunity to be a missionary! I love you all!!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment