Monday, September 30, 2013

Wonderful Week!!


Hello Friends and Family-
 
First off, Gelukkige Verjaardag to Easton Boy!! I cannot believe he will be one tomorrow!! Time flies! I remember that day so well. Grammy, Lindsey, Emily, Mom- we all had some good laughs, troll hair, "so your a one- hander" haha Ill never forget it! Give him a big kiss and hug from me!
 
We had a great week!! Lots and lots of appointments and traveling. We had an appointment with Ena, our progressing investigator, on Tuesday and taught her the third lesson. We got to the end of the lesson and she basically asked us "so what day should we plan on me being baptized?" Me and Zuster Djoukeng have never been happier!! We have planned it for the 26th of October because her family from Mexico are coming in town to Belgium and she really wants them to be there so it worked out perfectly!! She will be golden and I just love her and her family so so much! We are going to have a member in our branch baptize her, who she has become really good friends with, and he speaks fluent spanish so everything will be able to be in her native tongue so we were extremely happy about that! We also had a baptism this past Saturday for Priscilla, one of the Elders investigators. It was so special and It is always so great to see the changes people make and how happy they are! Thats why we are here!
 
We had zone conference this past Wednesday in Antwerpen and it was SOOOOO AMAZING!! I am throughly convinced that I have thee best mission president in the whole world. He is hilarious and can bring the spirit in that room like none other. After that meeting I was soo excited and ready to just go out and do missionary work! I am also officially a Belgium Resident!! yay!! I went to Brussels again last Friday and activated my residency card and did the last part of my legality so that was really exciting! I also received two marriage proposals this past week, one from another missionary and the other from a random person on the street. haha So looks like ill be getting married pretty quick when I get home ;) It was hilarious and I couldnt stop laughing about it!
 
Other than that we are doing lots of tracting and door knocking trying to find more and more people to teach! Sometimes those days seem like they will never end but I am so grateful I am able to have this oppurtunity to do it! I love this gospel and I love this mission so much! I didnt think I could really gain a sincere love for people I had never met, but it is amazing how it works. I care about these people more than I can say. I know this gospel is true and that is why I am out here! I love all of you and miss you. Thank you for all of your prayers and support! It means the world to me!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy

No comments:

Post a Comment