Monday, September 16, 2013

It is officially FALL :)


Hello Friends and Family-
 
Well Belgian weather has officially taken a turn into the fall weather and it rains almost every single day. Last Monday night we were out tracting knocking on doors and by the end of it we looked like we had both jumped in a swimming pool because we were so wet! I am wearing thick tights as well almost every day because it is chilly, especially at night time. But I love it and people have told me to get used to that weather because it will be like this until about March :) yay!
 
We had a really great week with our investigators! We taught Ena, who was the spanish lady that wanted our help with teaching her two young kids about the gospel. She is taking the lessons soo well and has been to church every single week since we met! We taught her the plan of salvation and she said the prayer at the end and by the time she said "amen" we were all in tears because the spirit was so strong. We are going to give her a baptismal date this week and I cant wait! Us, combined with the Ghent elders could potentially have 6 people be baptized on October 12th!!! :) we are SOOO excited!! We told President Robinson and he said he would be coming down to Ghent that day if everything worked out the way it was planned! The work is seriously on fire right now and I am so glad I get to be apart of it!
 
We also had the babyborrel (baby shower) for our cute neighbor Aicha. We were at her place baking and decorating cakes ALOT and can I just say? I am gooooood at decorating cakes and I didnt even know it. Haha We made 8 total and it was so much fun! So lots of service was going on over here in Belgium for us this past week. I probably will cry when I have to say goodbye to Aicha. She is kind of like my other mom and we have become such great friends! Her and her husband and two cute girls are coming to Utah next December (so I will be home!) and we have already planned that we will be going to dinner in Salt Lake :) I just love her to death!
 
I love missionary work!! It is so great to be able to sit and watch the lords hands in working all these amazing miracles in peoples lives. There is no greater job in the world than to give people such happiness! I love and miss all of you so much! thank you for your prayers and support! It means the world to me!
 
Love, Zuster Brophy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment